1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1 jar (28oz) tomato pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups water
3 cups uncooked mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles (6oz)
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 box (9oz) green giant frozen cut broccoli, slightly thawed
1 cup shredded italian cheese blend (4oz)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 can (8oz) pillsbury refigerated creascent dinner rolls or 1 can (8oz) pillsbury creascent recipe creations refigerates seamless dough sheet
1 tablespoon butter or margine, melted
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In 12-inch non stick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until beef is browned and thoroughly cooked. Add tomato pasta sauce and water; mix well. Heat to boiling. Add noodles; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occassionally, until noodles are tender.
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese and broccoli
3. Spoon about half to beef mixture into ungreased 12x8 inch (2quart) glass baking dish. Spoon and slightly spread over top. Sprinkle with italian chees eblend and parmesan cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture.
4. If using creascent rolls; unroll dought; separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet; unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
5. Form 2 stacked rectangles by placing 1 rectangle on top of another. Starting with both short sides of each rectangle, roll up sides so rolls meet in center. Cut each roll into 6 slices. Pinch bottom edge of each slice to form heart shape. Place over warm beef mixture. Brush hearts with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hearts are deep golden brown.
Place your mouthwatering monday recipes at asouthernfairytale
Recipe is from pillsbury.com