Here are 11 tips for Valentines Day Safety, from dosomething.org
If you are going on a blid date or internet dating:
1. Arrange to meet your date Never allow your date to pick you up from your crib. In facet, you shouldn't share your home address period!
2. Meet in a public place For a first meeting, always meet in a public place where other people are close by. You may always want to consider going out with a group of friends.
3. Go dutch pay half your bill so neither you or your date feels like you're obligated to "return" the favor.
4. Don't Drink Alcohol affects your judgement and lessens your inhibitions. If you're going to drink, keep your drink in sight at all times and don't get so drunk that you don't know what you're doing. We suggest you DONT DRINK AT ALL.
5. Use your own car provide your own transporatation to your public meeting place and make sure you have more than enough for gas.
6. Don't assume your date is safe Dont let your guard down. Tell a friend where you'll be and when you'll be back. And never assume a guy/girl is safe just because he/she claims to be religious of a gentleman.
7. Don't let him/her know where you live If you want to see him/her again, arrange a second date and take it from there. One date doesn't guarantee he/she's not a creep.
8. Avoid secluded areas stay in a public place where people are around. Avoid secluded areas like parks.
9. Listen to your gut If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. Leave immediately!
10. Give your date your cell phone number its safer to give out your cell number then your house number. Why? because someone can easily find out your house address online by entering your home number! This can usually be done in less than 20 seconds.
It's National Chocolate Pudding Day - I don't know the first thing about making chocolate pudding from scratch, but I know the first thing about eating a big ole' bunch of the pre-packaged stu...