6 skinless, bonless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1- inch pieces
2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
2 cups whole baby carrots
2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
2 can (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup water
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground black peper
2 cups all purpose baking mix
2/3 cup milk
1. Place the chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery into a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Stir the soup, water, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir the baking mix and milk in a medium bowl. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Increase the heat to high. Tilt the lid to vennt and cook for 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked in the center
5. Or on high for 4 to 5 hours
Post your crock pot wednesday recipe at diningwithdebbie